The common, creative and conscious energy is the driving force for all - including us humans. Our bodies are made up of the same elements, minerals and life energy that make up the planet. The best way to feel our connection with nature is to spend time in nature. The air we breathe, the food we eat and the sun rays we bath in are some of the major keys to our survival and well-being.
As a human and natural-being we have the ability through our Ego, to recognize ourselves as separate individuals. We are able to go beyond mere instinct and tap into free-will, advanced problem-solving and creative pursuits. With these unique abilities, we have the power to choose to fall in or out of alignment with our natural selves and nature itself.
We must have a deep respect, reverence and conscious awareness of how our interactions with nature affects the energetic flow, harmony and interconnections of the various hierarchies and ecosystems in nature. To destroy nature is to destroy ourselves.
Awareness begins by recognizing that we are an integral part of nature and as such we need to nurture this connection everyday.
Simply ways to connect with nature can include:
- focusing outdoors on the simple act of conscious breathing; remembering how oxygen is produced by plants
- swimming in or being near water; a large percentage of our bodies are made up of water
- walking barefoot on the ground; connecting with Earth's energy
- listening to the sound of birds or the wind in the trees; nature's sound therapy
- mindfully walking outside and observing nature in the neighbourhood or in a park
- picking and tasting the fresh, fruits of nature
- regularly getting outside soaking up some sun; gardening, exercising, meditating in a special spot that is calming, peaceful and dominated by nature
Just as this Life energy feeds, nurtures and guides nature's natural rhythms, it does the same to us as well. However, humans can choose to ignore the natural ebb and flow of things and become out of alignment. We cannot successfully thrive separate from nature. We must remember that we are an extension of nature. Communion with nature, re-sets us, centres us and opens our hearts to our true nature and the confirmation that there is a more powerful, loving, creative energy continually working in the background.