The spiritual level needs to be nurtured as does the physical, mental and emotional aspects of our humanness in order for life energy to flow freely through us. One dimension of our being cannot be favoured over the other without an imbalance or dis-ease occurring. Over-exercising, over-thinking, over-dramatizing or even over-righteousness are some symptoms of imbalance.
Life around us can be very chaotic and busy as we try to keep pace with society's ideal of success, happiness and winning the race. The true secret to spiritual well-being is the ability to "do" nothing and to just "be" at being well. Be present when that bird is singing to you. Be present when you walk along a path of dried leaves. Be present when your child is talking about their day. Be present and acknowledge those emotions that are welling up inside of you. Be present and still as you connect to your heart and breathe into that inner sense of true joy and peace.
We are spiritual beings of divine light and love in a physical vehicle that allows us to experience separation, feelings, emotions, creativity and free-will. We are here to have an adventure of self-realization as we feel our way through this world of duality. To make the most of our lives, we have to consider the mind, the body and the spirit as partners working together with a common goal -an awakening through human doing and being, to our true nature - extensions of a unconditional loving Source.
Suggestions for spiritual well-being:
- mediate, be still, breathe and go within to connect with peace, joy, bliss
- walk in nature and seek out places of beauty
- focus on the now, not worry about the future or fret about the past
- listen to the "gut" or intuition
- make the heart the master and the mind the servant
- be open-minded, curious and question beliefs
- be creative, discover passions, unique talents and joy
- start each day with gratitude and a positive intention
- enjoy alone time
- play, laugh and be silly
- feel and acknowledge and accept emotions allowing them to flow up and out
- de-clutter your environment and change the energy flow
- speak your truth with gentleness and from a place of love and not ego
- be open to the balance of giving and receiving
- raise personal energy vibration with inspirational music, reading, movement, visuals, energy treatments
- change a negative situation to a positive by changing perspective
- succeed by helping others to succeed
- trust that life flows through you and not against you
- have faith that the Universe has your back and that upsetting situations or people are really setups to help nudge in the direction of your highest good
Above all, we must remember that we are divine beings created by a loving Source and we are worthy and enough just as we are. No amount of doing can change our divine status. By consciously taking care of our mind, body and spirit, we are better able to have a more enriching, creative and conscious life of self-discovery; we are better able to realize just how powerful, connected and valuable we are to the evolution of the Universe itself. We are not in a competition or a race to a coveted trophy but rather part of the flow of life that is forever moving forward at various speeds and directions that all lead to a common destination of growth, expansion and a return to Source.